Australian Embassy

Transit Australia

Transit Visa (subclass 771)

The Transit Visa (Subclass 771) lets you transit through Australia for no longer than 72 hours if your principal purpose of entering Australia is either to:

  1. pass through Australia in transit to another country; or
  2. pass through Australia to join a vessel as a crew member.

For more information, including information on what documents you need to apply (go to Step-by-Step > Gather your documents), See Transit Visas


Back to Visas and Citizenship