The Australian Embassy continues to provide notarial, passports and consular services as we closely monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We ask those who have recently returned from overseas, or who are feeling unwell, wait for the 14 day self-quarantine period to pass before making an appointment. Temperature checks will be conducted during entry to the Embassy. Clients displaying high temperatures or symptoms of being unwell may be refused entry and requested to return in 14 days.
Appointment Bookings for Passport and Notarial Services
Appointment bookings are required for passport applications and notarial services. Clients without an appointment will only be seen in exceptional circumstances.
Fees apply to passport and notarial services. Card payment only with Visa, Mastercard, or Unionpay. Fees are subject to change based on the current exchange rate and are updated on the first working day of each month.
An appointment signifies the time when an applicant should appear at the Embassy's public entrance for security screening. You will be admitted to the Embassy no earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment time, and your appointment will be forfeited if you arrive 10 minutes past your appointment time.
Bookings can be made up to 4 weeks in advance. Refer to your notification email if you need to amend or cancel your appointment (see example below). Clients who book multiple appointments will have their appointments cancelled.
Appointments are required for the following services:
- Passport applications - adult and child
- Notarial Services - including certification, apostilles and authentications, Affidavits/Oaths/Affirmations, Commonwealth and State/Territory Statutory Declarations, Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage, Witnessing of Signatures on various documents.
Appointments are not required for the following services:
- Passport enquiries – visit the Australian Passport Office website for information, or alternately email the Consular Section ([email protected])
- Passport and document collection
- Consular enquiries or assistance (including Emergency passport applications)
For non-appointment services, please email, or visit the Consular Section of the Embassy from 8:00am to 12noon and 1:30pm to 3pm Monday to Friday.
How to book your appointment
To book appointments follow the link at the top of this page.
Steps to booking:
1. Select the services that you require.
2. You may select any available date up to four weeks in advance. First select the date on the calendar and then choose from the available times.
3. Enter your information. We require clients to provide their email address to enable the receipt of appointment reminder emails. We also request your phone number so that we can contact you if necessary.
4. Attend the Embassy at your designated booking time.
5. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please refer to instructions below.
Cancelling or rescheduling your appointment
You will receive an appointment cancellation/reschedule link each time you book an appointment at the Embassy. The Embassy sends email notifications when an appointment is booked. It will appear as per below:
If you want to cancel an appointment, please click the "Cancel Appointment" link and you will receive a message on a new tab asking you to confirm cancellation.
If you want to modify an appointment, please click the "Reschedule" link. You will receive a message on a new tab allowing you to reschedule your appointment.
If you require assistance, please email us at [email protected]
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is not responsible for any loss or damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the online appointment booking system. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information and/or services provided at any time in its sole discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. You are responsible for keeping apprised of all information and/or services provided in this booking system.