Program Officer, Economic Governance
The Australian Embassy is seeking applications for the position of Program Officer – Economic Governance. The position is available immediately, and after an initial three month probationary period the successful candidate may be offered a 12 month contract with the possibility of renewal. The competitive salary package for the position includes a monthly salary between USD1,217 – 1,538 and attractive annual leave entitlements.
Duties will include:
- Research and analyse key economic governance, trade and investment issues in Cambodia
- Provide high quality briefing, with minimal errors and in a timely manner
- Liaise with Australian Government partner agencies and key contacts in the Cambodian Government, private sector and NGO community to facilitate meetings, events and visits
- Assist program managers to design, manage and review development programs in the areas of economic growth and reform, investment facilitation and trade liberalisation
- Accompany Embassy staff to meetings, functions and provincial visits to provide interpreting, diplomatic representation, analysis and reporting
- Provide administrative support for policy work including arranging meetings, visits, appointments, events and assisting with logistical arrangements for Embassy functions
- Help coordinate whole-of-aid program deliverables such as briefings and fraud and risk management
- Support implementation of other development programs, as required.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years relevant professional work experience and tertiary qualifications in economics, commerce, finance, political science (with quantitative component) or a related field. The candidate should be fluent in spoken and written English and Khmer, have a good understanding of the Cambodian economy and government, and have a good knowledge of MS Office applications and popular social media platforms.
For selection criteria and information on how to apply are available here. Only applications which address the selection criteria will be considered. Applications must be submitted by email to PENH.HR@dfat.gov.au with “Application for Program Officer” as the subject line by 11pm Phnom Penh time on Sunday 30 September 2018.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.