VACANCY – Social Media and Research Officer
The Australian Embassy is seeking applications for the position of Social Media and Research Officer. The position is available immediately, and after an initial three month probationary period the successful candidate may be offered a 12 month contract with the possibility of renewal. The competitive salary package for the position includes a monthly salary between USD1,125 and USD1,477.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the implementation of the Embassy’s social media strategy
- Drafting social media posts and producing audio visual content for use across a range of mediums (including Facebook and Twitter)
- Monitoring a wide range of Khmer language information sources including newspapers and social media
- Researching, analysing and drafting reports on key political issues in Cambodia
- Supporting implementation of the Embassy’s public diplomacy activities
- Khmer-English and English-Khmer interpretation and translation
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years relevant work experience and tertiary qualifications in politics, law, economics, communications or an associated field. The candidate should be fluent in spoken and written English and Khmer, have a good understanding of the Cambodian civil service, and have a good knowledge of MS Office applications.
Selection criteria and information on how to apply is available here.
Only applications which address the selection criteria will be considered. Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Social Media and Research Officer” as the subject line or by hard copy to the Australian Embassy by close of business on Friday 19 May 2017.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.