Vacancy – Executive Assistant to the Ambassador
The Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh invites applications for the position of Executive Assistant to the Ambassador for a start date asap.
The terms of employment will be in accordance with the Phnom Penh-based Locally Engaged Terms and Conditions of Employment. Employment will be offered on a contract basis, for an initial period of one year with possible extension, with an annual salary of USD778 to USD1022 per month. An additional salary component may apply depending on the skills/qualifications of the successful candidate.
Continued employment is subject to successful completion of a 3 month probation period.
The Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh offers a package that includes recreation and personal days, medical benefits, performance bonus and a Khmer New Year bonus equivalent of one month salary
The Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh will not be responsible for any costs incurred when applying for a Cambodian visa, relocation costs, nor the return of the officer and family to their country of origin at the end of the contract.
This position provides daily management of the Office of the Ambassador and assists other staff when necessary. The position liaises with a range of areas on issues pertaining to the office of the Ambassador including the coordination between the Ambassador and other agencies liaising with contacts at the highest levels and contributing to the overall effectiveness of the Australian Embassy.
Tasks and Functions
- Manage day-to-day administrative arrangements required for the efficient operation of the Ambassador's office including:
- Manage the Ambassador’s diary including providing administrative support to the Ambassador, maintain daily program, arrange and coordinate all telephone calls, appointments and official engagements for the Ambassador in consultation with the relevant Embassy section and drivers
- Liaise with host government and private sector organisations on behalf of the Ambassador including arrangement of appointments for senior visitors
- Provide reception duties for visitors to the office of the Ambassador
- Prepare and coordinate guest lists, invitations, place cards for official events and functions, and liaise with residence staff as required
- Maintain contacts database for the Ambassador
- Coordinate Ambassadors travel arrangements and arrange briefing as necessary
- Oversee the management of events at the Embassy and the Ambassador’s residence and liaise with residence staff as required, These will include – the Australia Day reception, Australia Present events, official receptions and dinners
- Prepare draft correspondence for the Ambassador
- Assist with visits by senior Australian officials and Ministers
- Perform other duties as directed
- Demonstrated experience as an Executive Assistant is desirable;
- Proven ability to take initiative, work under pressure and prioritise workloads in order to meet tight deadlines. Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to different work environments;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to build productive working relationships; professional manner and ability to liaise effectively with senior members of the Diplomatic community, government officials and members of the public;
- Proven ability in using the full range of Microsoft Office Suite 2010 applications, knowledge of SATIN systems preferred.
Security designated position
This position is a Designated Security Assessment Position (DSAP), the occupant will need to obtain and maintain an Australian security clearance.
Owing to Australian national security regulations:
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to satisfy security requirements.
Applicants must be willing to undergo security checks necessary to obtain an Australian National Security clearance.
Your application should include:
- Employment & Qualification Background - Complete Attachment A
The form is attached for completion.
- Statement of Claim against the Selection Criteria - Complete Attachment B
In this statement, which should not exceed two (2) pages, you will describe in your own words, why you believe that you are a suitable candidate for the advertised position and how you meet each individual selection criteria.
Statements of claim that do not address all of the selection criteria will not be taken into consideration.
The Statement of Claim is the centre piece of your application and should be presented in a concise and focussed manner. In preparing your statement of claims, you must address each selection criteria and should highlight relevant experience and training; you may also include examples of work you have done and demonstrate how your contribution resulted in a positive outcome for your employer. Your statement of claims should be written in English.
- Provide contacts for two referees - Complete Attachment C
You need to provide contacts for two referees who are familiar with your professional as well as personal skills and competence. In most cases referees are not contacted unless you are shortlisted for the position, however if we have a tight timeframe we may contact referees before interviews.
Your completed application package must be emailed by to Penh.HR@dfat.gov.au by COB 26 May 2017.
Late or incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Information provided will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.